Asteroids@home is a volunteer distributed computing project based at the Astronomical Institute, Charles University in Prague. Its director, Josef Durech, is using distributed computing to try to solve the lightcurve inversion problem astronomers face when modelling asteroids. We highly recommend you check out their website to learn more about it and see some of the results they've obtained by using DCP.
Articles in this section
- Does DCP work with CPUs, GPUs, or both? Can I specify which I want to use when mining?
- Getting Started
- Managing DCCs: How to Withdraw, Deposit, Transfer, and Exchange Credits
- The Miner Crashed My Browser. What Should I Do?
- What Browsers Does DCP Support?
- What is Asteroids at Home?
- When will I be able to deploy my own project on DCP?
- Why Does Chrome Keep Asking if I Want to Update My Password?